Discuss provides the ability for participants of a discussion to view a shared screen. Screen sharing is valuable for sharing stimuli, presenting concepts, and informal usability and user experience (UX) studies.
- Share their own screen with the meeting room.
(Useful for sharing dynamic stimuli on a moderator’s machine.)
- Request that panelists share their screen.
(Useful for virtual “shop-alongs” and viewing a panelist’s experience.)
Sharing a Moderator’s Screen
- To share your screen as a moderator, click the “Share” button, located in the lower left-hand corner of the meeting room interface.
- Select “Share my Computer Screen.”
(This option is only available to the researcher, and requires a browser extension.)
- Choose which screen you’d like to share with participants:The shared screen will take center stage in the meeting room, as below.
Viewing a Participant’s Screen
- Open the participant panel in the lower left-hand corner by clicking the Participant icon.
- To view a participant’s screen, click the button with the monitor icon.
- Participants will confirm sharing the screen.
Recording a Screen Share
The Discuss team will need to be notified if you’d like to record your screen share.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org, including the project name, date, and time of the discussion.
Support will capture the session. Once you complete your interview, the Discuss.io staff will send its recording within 6 hours of finishing time.